Months after the decline of plans to transform a section of a historic building into a gallery, restaurant and bar, by Birmingham City Council, has been reignited.
The initial application for the property situated on Frederick Street, dating back to 1870, had been halted in October last year, due to insufficient information.
The risen plans have proposed a change of use for the for the workshop on Frederick Street, that had been listed as a watch manufacturer, paper merchant, metal processing company, gold ring manufacturer and jewellers prior to being vacated half a decade ago.
Surinder Hullait bought the premises and has started on converting the basement of the workshop, and the two-storey frontage building, that has been transformed into offices.
If the proposals are consented, the rear workshop is set to be run by Ana Rocha Bar & Gallery and will be selling art, furniture alongside vintage pieces and providing food and drinks.
The latest application was submitted on 10th February 2015, by Edgbaston based architecture practice, Lapworth Architects.
A design statement disclosed information on the venture being ‘wholly in accordance’ with Birmingham City Council’s Development Plan, being a bonus because of the site being in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.